5.31.2009

Tiller

George Tiller's murder saddens and disgusts me.

I mourn. 

I mourn that a man was killed.  I mourn that he was killed in his church - a place associated by many with safety and refuge.
I mourn that this murder will only serve to polarize the views of the majority of the people who hear about it.
I mourn that so much that brings grief is done in the name of God - my God.  So much that I think is antithetical to His Name and word.


I am disgusted that so many are rejoicing at his death. I am disgusted at the crass, vulgar, inhumane, and hateful way they show their "love" of life.
I am disgusted that this event will give ammunition to those who despise those they label as anti-choice.

I can understand the passion that both sides of the abortion issue hold.  I do not understand the violence that takes place as a result of this disagreement.

And that's all that I can put words to tonight.
May tomorrow bring grace. 
(His mercies are new every morning)
May tomorrow bring peace and gentle, respectful conversation.

No comments: